Monday 11 October 2010

Becky returns after Radnor roll

Burton Pidsea driver Becky Kirvan will make her return to competition on next weekend’s Cambrian rally after a car-destroying accident on her last event.

Kirvan and co-driver Rob Walters are both fully recovered from the dramatic crash on the Woodpecker rally in September and the Rally4Real.com team have been flat out rebuilding the Peart Auto Services-backed Nissan Micra.

The Cambrian is the final round of the BTRDA championship and, with Kirvan in with a chance of taking the ladies title, it was vital that the car be ready for the North Wales event.

"There was not a lot that could be salvaged from the car after the Woodpecker accident," said Kirvan. "Fortunately for me, the Rally4Real guys already had a spare body shell and they’ve worked really hard to get it ready for the Cambrian which I’m very grateful for."

"I’ve not driven competitively since the crash so I will be gradually building up my pace and confidence on the event as I do not want to end up down a hillside again, it was not a pleasant experience."

"I need to get a good finish to try and take the ladies championship title so that will be my aim for the event."

As well as the Cambrian rally Kirvan is hoping to test her new Fiesta ST rally car in October in preparation for a planned assault on the BRC Challenge championship in 2011. The car is available for marketing purposes and interested companies are invited to get in touch via www.beckykirvan.co.uk for a portfolio.