Sunday 24 April 2011

Becky ready for Pirelli rally challenge

KC Rally Team driver Becky Kirvan will resume her BRC Challenge championship campaign next weekend when she contests the Pirelli Challenge rally.

Becky, from Burton Pidsea, took third in class on the opening championship round in early April and after a day testing her KC, Princes Quay Shopping Centre, Bardahl Oils, Rally4Real, Songasport and Peart Auto Services-backed Ford Fiesta she is hoping for another good finish on the Carlisle-based event.

"I was pleased to get a solid finish on the opening championship round," said Becky. "It was my first event in the Fiesta so I spent the event learning the car and getting used to my new co-driver Kaz Watts. After a steady start we increased our pace on the afternoon stages as Kaz and I settled into a rhythm and I became more confident in the car."

"Since the event we’ve had some time testing in Wales to get more miles in the car and that went well so hopefully we can put that experience to use on the Pirelli and I'll be looking to up the pace a notch or two!."

The rally consists of six competitive stages in the famous rallying territory of Kielder forest which are sure to provide a stern test to the competitors and their machines.

"I competed in some parts of Kielder on my very first event in 2006 so I’ve got some knowledge of how tricky the stages can be. It will be a tough event but I’m confident we can get a good result."

Please visit www.beckykirvan.co.uk or www.facebook.com/beckykirvanrallying to keep up to date with all the latest news and photos from the KC Rally Team.