Sunday 18 April 2010

Kirvan to make rally comeback in Somerset

Burton Pidsea rally driver Becky Kirvan will make her comeback to rallying next weekend when she contests the Somerset Stages rally.

Former Ladyquest rally winner Kirvan, who has not competed since November 2008, will be using a Rally4Real Nissan Micra backed by Peart Auto Services on the event. Her own car, a VW Polo, has been hired out to Tony Simpson who is also contesting the rally.

“I can’t wait to get back on the stages, it has been too long since I last competed,” said Kirvan.

“I had a good test session with the Micra last week so I managed to get used to the car and see how it handles on the gravel tracks. Hopefully that will mean I can be more competitive when the rally starts.”

“I will have a new co-driver for the event, Port Talbot’s Sherryn Roberts. We met for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I’m confident that we will quickly gel as a team.”

“My aim for the event is to get to the finish in as good a position as I can manage, I’m hoping we will do ok against our class rivals.”

The rally is a round of the BTRDA championship and will consist of around 40 competitive miles of action on the gravel of the Exmoor forests and the tarmac of the Porlock Hill toll road.

Please visit www.beckykirvan.co.uk to keep up to date with Becky’s rallying.